Latest Discussions : Flooring & Stairs


09:05PM | 04/22/06
Member Since: 04/21/06
1 lifetime posts

We have remodelled a twenty year old house. We love the marble floor that was there when we bought the house. The problem is that in may locations there are chips and gouges in the floor. Is there any type of a repair compund that I can use to repair the damage? The marble is set in what appears to be terrazo tiles. The tiles installed flush to one another so there is no option for removing a tile, plus I have no idea if I can find matching tiles.

Thanks for your help


05:17AM | 04/23/06
Member Since: 07/03/05
283 lifetime posts
You should call in a professional stone refinsher. There are special honing and polishing machines they use that cant be rented and require an experienced hand to use. They also have fillers that can be applied to fill the chipped spots.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button