- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 4: Framing and Wiring for the Future
Garage Truss Construction
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 4, Part 4
- Part 1: Building a Hip Roof
- Part 2: Structured Wiring Options
- Part 3: Touring NASA's Johnson Space Center
- Part 4: Garage Truss Construction
- Bob and general contractor Ted Riley watch the framing crew construct the garage roof using trusses. Custom-ordered for size from Canada, the trusses will create enough additional space to give the homeowner a bonus room in the center.
The truss system makes it possible to span a greater distance without additional structural support members breaking up the open space in the garage area below.
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE