- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 5: Exterior Update
Installing Tapered Columns
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 5, Part 4
Installation of the home's standing seam metal roof is also underway. Pat Cloutier (from Cloutier Construction) is on-site putting down some Georgia-Pacific redwood decking. And Bob Ryley is on board to help Pat trim out some columns on the back porch with WindsorONE engineered lumber.
Bob takes a trip to the Cobb Hill Co-Housing Community to learn about some of the farming techniques being practiced.
- Part 1: Steel Bulkhead, Cedar Siding and Metal Flashing, and Standing Seam Steel Roof Installation
- Part 2: Redwood Deck Installation and Tour of Vermont Organic Farm
- Part 3: Constructing Tapered Porch Colums With Preprimed Engineered Lumber
- Part 4: Installing Tapered Columns
- Bob helps carpenter Pat Cloutier construct and install the second tapered column for the front porch of the Vermont farmhouse, using pre-primed engineered lumber from WindsorONE.
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE