- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 7: Exterior Painting and Kitchen Cabinet Installation
Exterior Painting With an Airless Sprayer
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 7, Part 1
- Part 1: Exterior Painting With an Airless Sprayer
- Latex paint is being applied on the exterior of the Vermont farmhouse by workers using airless sprayers. These tools use pressure to push paint through the line.
A putty color was chosen for the trim paint. The trim and field will both get two coats of paint. The painters will come back and redo the trim after the paint on the field is dry.
The trick to painting clapboards with the airless sprayer is to hold it six to eight inches from the surface with the nozzle perpendicular to the wall. By making narrow swathes across the surface, one can control the consistency of the coating and avoid drips.
- Part 2: Crown Point Cabinet Factory Tour
- Part 3: Installing Crown Point Kitchen Cabinets
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE