- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Vermont Farmhouse > Episode 12: Home Entertainment and Carpet Installation
Selecting Carpet With Kathy Ireland
Project: Vermont Farmhouse, Episode 12, Part 4
A new Panasonic entertainment center is installed as part of Internet Home Alliance's "connected home" concept and Bob checks out the new Kinetico water treatment system.
- Part 1: Reviewing the Features of OnStar and the Home Entertainment Center
- Part 2: Reviewing the Wood Burning Boiler Features
- Part 3: Kinetico Water Purification System and Gas-Fired Water Heater
- Part 4: Selecting Carpet With Kathy Ireland
- Kathy Ireland tells Bob about her Shades of America carpet collection. With a more focused color selection and more descriptive color names, Shades of America makes it easier for busy moms to decorate and choose colors. The carpet fiber is 100% nylon and it comes in four styles-- essential plush, essential platinum, essential gold, and essential silver-- which refer to the density of the carpet. The SoftBac Platinum backing is much softer and more pliable and gives the carpet a wonderful foundation.
Another feature of the carpet is that it has R2X, a stain and soil resistant treatment developed by Shaw carpets. Next, Kathy meets with the installer, Jim Walker. Jim informs Bob that this carpet is one of the most installer-friendly products on the market. It has great dimensional stability. The SoftBac grabs the tack strip and holds it very firmly. Jim is installing the carpet over a prime urethane pad.
Bob works with the Quechee Lakes Development Company to build a residence that hearkens back to the past yet satisfies the needs of a family in the new millennium.
ALL EPISODES IN VERMONT FARMHOUSE