- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 6: Skylight Installation, Roofing, and Painting
Installing Copper Gutters
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 6, Part 3
Outside, a team from Harraseeket Restoration, Inc. is installing new copper gutters and roofing on the addition connecting the main house and the barn. Finally, painting gets underway on the backside of the main house.
- Part 1: Skylight and Gable Window Installation
- Part 2: Installing Standing-Seam Copper Roofing
- Part 3: Installing Copper Gutters
- Bob meets with Bob Fulmer, Sr. (of Harraseeket Restoration, Inc.) to watch new gutters being installed along the copper-roofed breezeway. The gutters are single-bead, half-round copper gutters, which attach by circle-type fascia hangers.
Creating the outlet for the gutters' downspout is the first step. To cut the hole, the installer punches out a hole in the gutter and, using aviation snips (called clinks), cuts a circle in a spiral till it's large enough. Next, he solders the outlet into the bottom of the half-round gutter to achieve a watertight connection.
- Part 4: Exterior Prep and Painting
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION