- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 11: Landscaping Begins, Flooring Continues, and Water Heater Installed
Installing the Medicine Cabinet
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 11, Part 3
Down in the basement, Bob tours the home's mechanical and electrical systems, including the high-velocity air conditioning system and the zoned hot water heating system.
On the second floor, new Kahrs interlocking wood floors are being installed. In an effort to preserve some of the home's original wood detailing, Cole Stanton (from Fiberlock) is applying a lead encapsulating paint to the window trim.
- Part 1: Discussing the Plantings on the Property
- Part 2: Reviewing the Home's High-Velocity Mini-Duct HVAC System
- Part 3: Installing the White Oak Flooring
- Part 4: Installing the Medicine Cabinet
- In the master suite, general contractor Charlie Tomaszewski is finishing up installing the Robern medicine cabinets. The doors have rubber gasketing, so when closed, they keep out dust and moisture. If the mirror on the outside fogs up after a shower, you can open the cabinet and use the mirror on the reverse side of the door. Glass shelves fit into the cabinet for storage.
Last, Bob helps Charlie install the final door. They screw the heavy-duty European hinges in place and the cabinets are complete.
- Part 5: Encapsulating Lead Paint
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION