- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Restoration > Episode 13: Final House Tour
Interlocking Beech Flooring, Anti-Static Carpeting, and the Media Room
Project: Victorian Restoration, Episode 13, Part 2
In the main house, Bob talks to Markus Earley about the lighting design in the dining area, and tours the new kitchen, before meeting with Tim Woods (from Internet Home Alliance) to talk about the "connected home" features that have been added.
- Part 1: Tour of the Home's Exterior, Lighting Design, and Completed Kitchen
- Part 2: Interlocking Beech Flooring, Anti-Static Carpeting, and the Media Room
- Bob looks at the Kahrs beech flooring in the key hall, before moving to the media room to discuss the carpeting with Gary Johnston (from DuPont) and the electronic components with Tim Woods (from Internet Home Alliance).
The homeowner chose carpeting for its comfort level, which is ideal for a media room. Gary explains that the DuPont Stainmaster carpet is ideal for a high-traffic area, because its advanced Teflon repel system keeps the carpet 40% cleaner.
Gary goes through the installation process and points out the carbon core in each tuft of carpet-- the result is a greatly diminished amount of static electricity.
Technology consultant Tim Woods points out the Panasonic high-definition flat-screen plasma TV, recessed an inch into the wall. The home theater also includes digital surround sound, which is composed of amplifiers, decoders, and a subwoofer. Tim also shows the new Replay TV box, which allows the homeowner to pause live television and pick up where the show left off.
- Part 3: Master Bathroom Tour, Sauna Installation, and Window Blinds
- Part 4: Review of the Home Office Electronics
The home's new owners, a work-at-home family, have set goals to modernize the home's floor plan, update the building's mechanical and electrical systems, and add home office and work spaces for two busy professionals.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN RESTORATION