- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 1: Kitchen Project Begins
Flooring, Plumbing, and Plastering
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 1, Part 3
- Part 1: Overview of the Elmwood Neighborhood Project
- Part 2: House One: Tour of a Gothic Carpenter-Style Home
- Part 3: Flooring, Plumbing, and Plastering
- The old flooring in the Gothic Carpenter-style home in Elmwood has been removed. "Sleepers" are placed in the subfloor to level the surface. Next, some Georgia Pacific "Sturdy Floor" is laid down.
Carpenters Neal Cummings and Al Kaplan are installing LVL (Laminated Veneer Lumber) beams, which are 50% sturdier than conventional lumber.
Chis Stewart (from Gem Plumbing) talks with Bob in the basement about the removal of stack pipes and insertion of PVC.
On the main floor, the framing is complete, leaving the area open for the kitchen remodel. The plaster team from Kent Plastering comes in to install the blue board and cover the joints with mesh tape.
- Part 4: Installing a Reclaimed Pine Floor
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD