- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 1: Kitchen Project Begins
Installing a Reclaimed Pine Floor
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 1, Part 4
- Part 1: Overview of the Elmwood Neighborhood Project
- Part 2: House One: Tour of a Gothic Carpenter-Style Home
- Part 3: Flooring, Plumbing, and Plastering
- Part 4: Installing a Reclaimed Pine Floor
- The plastering, skim coat, and ceiling have been completed, so the kitchen area is ready for the pine flooring. Homeowner Luke Driver meets with Bob Ryley to talk about the progress of the remodel and the plans for the floor.
Flooring specialist Howard Brickman explains that the moisture content of the subfloor must be checked before the new floor installation. He also discusses the orientation of the boards.
The floor is a reclaimed product of Longleaf Heart Pine, a select pine grade. The wood comes from the Avery Duntons Peppermill in Framingham, MA.
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD