- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 3: Bathroom Renovation Begins
Plumbing Installation and Creating a Tile Mural
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 3, Part 2
Bob helps Terry Bates (from Mult-R) with the demolition, and carpenter Bob Ryley is on hand to help with the insulation. A new tub is put in, along with a new stackable washer/dryer.
Lighting designer Markus Earley talks about the lighting in the new bathroom, plus an innovative hydronic heating system.
Last, Bob goes to Pat's studio, where her daughter, PK, is helping create a beautiful tile mural that will go in the shower.
- Part 1: Bathroom Remodel
- Part 2: Plumbing Installation and Creating a Tile Mural
- In the second Elmwood project house, a Colonial Revival, a new Kohler tub is installed, while homeowner Pat Simons, a ceramic artist, creates a tile mural. Pat's daughter is using a computer to lay out the design, which she then stencils on to the bisque six-by-six tiles. The tiles are fired at 1,800 degrees, making them clear and waterproof.
- Part 3: Installing Insulation and Plastering
- Part 4: Final Tour of the Completed Second Home in the Project
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD