- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 3: Bathroom Renovation Begins
Installing Insulation and Plastering
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 3, Part 3
Bob helps Terry Bates (from Mult-R) with the demolition, and carpenter Bob Ryley is on hand to help with the insulation. A new tub is put in, along with a new stackable washer/dryer.
Lighting designer Markus Earley talks about the lighting in the new bathroom, plus an innovative hydronic heating system.
Last, Bob goes to Pat's studio, where her daughter, PK, is helping create a beautiful tile mural that will go in the shower.
- Part 1: Bathroom Remodel
- Part 2: Plumbing Installation and Creating a Tile Mural
- Part 3: Installing Insulation and Plastering
- In the bathroom, Owens Corning fiberglass R-13 insulation is used as a vapor retarder and to provide thermal protection. Jim Larson (from Georgia Pacific) hangs a special backer board for the walls, which has a patented gypsum core, reinforced fiberglass, mats on both sides, and a heat-cured acrylic face that stops penetration and moisture. Also, plastering gets underway with Jean Oliver, who uses plaster that comes from Champion Building Supplies of West Kingston, RI.
- Part 4: Final Tour of the Completed Second Home in the Project
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD