- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 3: Bathroom Renovation Begins
Final Tour of the Completed Second Home in the Project
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 3, Part 4
Bob helps Terry Bates (from Mult-R) with the demolition, and carpenter Bob Ryley is on hand to help with the insulation. A new tub is put in, along with a new stackable washer/dryer.
Lighting designer Markus Earley talks about the lighting in the new bathroom, plus an innovative hydronic heating system.
Last, Bob goes to Pat's studio, where her daughter, PK, is helping create a beautiful tile mural that will go in the shower.
- Part 1: Bathroom Remodel
- Part 2: Plumbing Installation and Creating a Tile Mural
- Part 3: Installing Insulation and Plastering
- Part 4: Final Tour of the Completed Second Home in the Project
- The second home in the Elmwood project, a Colonial Revival, is complete, after the second-floor bathroom gets a new vanity, new doors for the laundry closet, and a new marble floor. The laundry closet will have a stacked washer-dryer and a cleat folding table.
Ken Baker brings in the sorrel-top product called Carrara from Formica for the vanity top. It is a free-form top with a cut hole for the lavatory. Arthur Hooper (from Marble Perfection) polishes the marble floor using industrial diamonds to get to the original surface.
Lighting designer Marcus Early shows off the lighting fixtures from Rejuvenation Lighting, and homeowner Pat Simon's daughter exhibits her animal-inspired tub-surround mural.
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD