- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 7: Restoring the Front Porch
Tour of the Restored Victorian Front Porch and Garden
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 7, Part 4
Carpenters Bob Ryley and Terry Bates are underway doing demolition work and have removed the porch's old columns. Next, the new decking is installed, along with new columns and railings.
New lighting will be put in, as well a new alarm. Plus, landscaping work is being done, and a new sprinkler system being added.
Additional information is available about creating custom millwork for your own restoration project. Preventing carpenter ants and controlling termite infestation are also covered.
- Part 1: House Six: Portico Restoration, Hardscaping, and Landscaping
- Part 2: Fighting Carpenter Ants and Repairing the Porch
- Part 3: Installing a Brick Walkway and Porch Lighting, and Milling the Railings and Balusters
- Part 4: Tour of the Restored Victorian Front Porch and Garden
- Once the boxwood bushes are delivered, the landscape is complete. On the porch, Steve Moore (from Architectural Brass) installs the polished, antique hardware on the front door.
Forester Moulding and Lumber has milled new balusters and railings. The finishing touch is replacing the missing curved balustrade on the second story of the house.
A newly planted rose garden in front of the house complements the herringbone walkway and the overall design of the entrance to the house.
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD