- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 7: Restoring the Front Porch
Fighting Carpenter Ants and Repairing the Porch
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 7, Part 2
Carpenters Bob Ryley and Terry Bates are underway doing demolition work and have removed the porch's old columns. Next, the new decking is installed, along with new columns and railings.
New lighting will be put in, as well a new alarm. Plus, landscaping work is being done, and a new sprinkler system being added.
Additional information is available about creating custom millwork for your own restoration project. Preventing carpenter ants and controlling termite infestation are also covered.
- Part 1: House Six: Portico Restoration, Hardscaping, and Landscaping
- Part 2: Fighting Carpenter Ants and Repairing the Porch
- Over time, carpenter ants have caused damage to the front porch. So as to prevent or limit future infestation, monitoring stations are installed around the property. All the while, workers are putting down the mahogany decking and replacing the old columns on the porch.
- Part 3: Installing a Brick Walkway and Porch Lighting, and Milling the Railings and Balusters
- Part 4: Tour of the Restored Victorian Front Porch and Garden
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD