- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 8: Front Porch and Bathroom
House Seven: Shingle-Style Renovation
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 8, Part 1
The construction team begins by applying the Georgia Pacific roofing shingles, while Bob talks to Homer Earle (from the Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau) and Johannes Boonstra (from Sikkens). They discuss sidewall shingles, as carpenter Bob Ryley works at installing them.
On the porch, the columns are being stripped, and work on the landscape and hardscape gets underway. Bob takes a tour of the Architectural Brass shop, where the new door fixtures are being fabricated.
- Part 1: House Seven: Shingle-Style Renovation
- Crystal and Robert Emanuel, owners of Victorian Shingle-style home, want to replace the asphalt roof shingles with architectural shingles.
- Part 2: Removing Lead Paint From Exterior Surfaces
- Part 3: Discussing Cedar Shingle Siding
- Part 4: Replicating Brass Door Hardware
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD