- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 9: Two More Porch Renovations
Installing Sprinkler System and Replicating Porch Balusters & Railing
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 9, Part 2
- Part 1: House Eight: Side Porch Renovation, Landscaping, and Home Inspection
- Part 2: Installing Sprinkler System and Replicating Porch Balusters & Railing
- The general contractor has put in new floor joists to provide solid bearing the both columns. Landscaper Jim Ferruci is planting shrubs and Ocean State Sprinkler is installing an automatic, underground sprinkler system.
Wrought-iron railing that had been installed by the previous owner is being removed and replaced by new railing-- balusters authentic to the period of the house. Last, a Forester Moulding and Lumber representative explains the baluster and railing reproduction process.
- Part 3: Landscaping, Front Column Installation, and Home Security System
- Part 4: Finishing Touches on the Two Porches
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD