- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 9: Two More Porch Renovations
House Eight: Side Porch Renovation, Landscaping, and Home Inspection
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 9, Part 1
- Part 1: House Eight: Side Porch Renovation, Landscaping, and Home Inspection
- Jim Verity's home was built in 1905. It has a side entry, once a porch, which will be restored using the original columns, found by Verity in the basement . The columns were removed thirty years prior, when the house was divided into apartments and the porch was turned into a covered entrance.
BBR Contracting is at work on demolition. In the course of the work, it's discovered that the bay window on the second floor is sagging. The architect and building inspector conclude that, when the original columns were removed, this area of the house settled. It is determined that the side porch must be shored up with LVL beams before the restored columns can be put in place.
- Part 2: Installing Sprinkler System and Replicating Porch Balusters & Railing
- Part 3: Landscaping, Front Column Installation, and Home Security System
- Part 4: Finishing Touches on the Two Porches
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD