- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 11: Attic Demolition and Countertops
Installing the Skylight, Acrylic Block Panels, and Cooling System
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 11, Part 2
Bob joins during the demolition process, before new LVLs and windows are installed. Next, a striking new acrylic bathroom wall goes up, followed by plumbing, HVAC work, and floor repair.
Finally, Bob learns about the new Surell countertops that are going in and concludes with a tour of the finished space.
- Part 1: House Ten: Attic Conversion
- Part 2: Installing the Skylight, Acrylic Block Panels, and Cooling System
- Remodeling of the attic floor continues with the installation of Hy-Lite acrylic walls, an HVAC system, and insulation. On one side of the space is a recently installed skylight roof window.
Bob talks about a Hy-lite acrylic wall system that looks like glass brick. It will form a semicircle wall for the half-bath. Bob Small (from My Plumber) has installed the PVC and is handling the rest of the plumbing for the half-bath. The new vent connects to the old cast iron vent, which has been left in place.
The hydro air system that's been installed hangs from the rafters and operates quietly. For heat, it works in conjuction with the existing boiler. For cool air, a direct expansion coil will work in conjunction with an outdoor condenser.
The roof will be insulated with WR-30 fiberglass insulation from Owens Corning.
- Part 3: Installing High-Gloss Laminate Cabinets and Surell Countertops
- Part 4: Original Art and Contemporary Furnishings in the Finished Space
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD