- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 12: Workout Room
TPO Rubber Slate Roof Installed on Victorian-Style Roof
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 12, Part 2
Next, Bob learns about the new rubber slate roof, before the hot tub is craned in and placed in the turret area. After a new SpacePak central air conditioning system is installed, Bob talks to Jan Jones (from Mr. Tub) about the new spa.
- Part 1: House Eleven: Renovating Attic Space
- Part 2: TPO Rubber Slate Roof Installed on Victorian-Style Roof
- The re-shingling of the roof is with a product often referred to as 'rubber slate'. It's also known as TPO, or thermal polymer olefin. The product is called Authentic Roof 2000 and is made by Crow Building Products of Ontario, Canada. It's being installed by Residential Roofing of Providence. It’s a light, easy-to-cut product that looks like real slate.
Up on the roof, Bob notices the new copper flashing and talks with the roofer about the shingle product. It has a 50-year warranty, is ultra-violet tolerant, and remain stable in cold weather and heat.
The whirlpool spa is delivered by crane. The crew brings it spa down on a special plywood ramp, then carefully places it in the turret for installation.
- Part 3: Installing High-Velocity, Flexible-Duct Air Conditioning in an Older Home
- Part 4: Discussing the Home Spa and Replacing the Finial on the Turret
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD