- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Elmwood Neighborhood > Episode 13: Project Wrap-Up
A Retrospective of Restoration Projects in the Elmwood Neighborhood
Project: Elmwood Neighborhood, Episode 13, Part 3
Bob takes a final tour of the finished projects throughout the Elmwood neighborhood. Then, back in the workout room, he takes a look at the finishing touches, including fiber-optic lights, sound system, and Gymsource fitness equipment.
- Part 1: Preparing the Turret Room for the Spa Tub
- Part 2: Installing a Granite Tub Surround, In-Floor Heat, and Fiber-Optic Lighting
- Part 3: A Retrospective of Restoration Projects in the Elmwood Neighborhood
- Bob recaps the entire Elmwood project. It was a community effort involving an array of houses, though great pains were made to adhere to the historic look of the area. Bob commends the contractors and owners alike for jobs well done.
Bob praises the neighborhood's involvement and the hard work of several individual homeowners: Luke Driver, who did his own demolition; ceramic artist Pat Simon and her daughter, who created beautiful tiles for their bathroom re-model; Jim Varity, who planted bushes around his home's foundation; Amelia Henderson created original fabrics for her front porch furniture and her husband, Paul, painted the exterior of their house; and, finally, Brent Bachelder, who created an original mural for his third-floor remodel.
Then there are the contractors and consultants: Terry Bates of Mult-R Construction; Brian Wiggin and his crew from Regal Home Improvements; Joe Wagner of Providence Restoration; Nationwide Improvements; and the Melrose Group. Additional thanks go to lighting designer Marcus Early, flooring expert Howard Brickman, and Forester Moulding and Lumber, who did all of the restoration millwork.
- Part 4: Tour of the Completed Workout Area
ALL EPISODES IN ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD