- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 12: Penthouse Interior Design
Waxing Venetian Plaster
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 12, Part 2
Project manager Chris Vila joins artisan Jonas Everets to learn more about the faux Marmorino finish that is being applied to the walls of the penthouse. A combination of marble dust, pigments, and plaster, Marmorino takes a bit of artistry to apply and gives the space a unique look. It is a multi-step process that involves masking-off the work area, applying a base primer coat, a top coat of tinted plaster, and finally a wax finish.
Next, Bob joins designers Jonathan Adler and Darren Brown to talk about their plans for the top-floor apartment. And finally, Bob travels into Manhattan to visit Adler's retail store in the SoHo shopping district.
- Part 1: Applying Marmorino Plaster
- Part 2: Waxing Venetian Plaster
- As project manager Chris Vila applies the second coat of marmorino plaster to the far wall of the kitchen, custom wall finisher Jonas Everets demonstrates the process of waxing a Venetian plaster surface. Mr. Everets applies a thin layer of carnauba wax that he'll polish once it has dried.
- Part 3: Planning the Decor
- Part 4: Touring the Jonathan Adler Soho Boutique
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB