Has any one got any suggestions on how to fill in the grooves in panneling. I want a painted surface when finished.
Thanks for any ideas.
If there is gypsum wallboard behind the paneling and it is in good shape I would remove the paneling completely and repair the walls. Hopefully the installer didn't glue the paneling. I think you would spend more time trying to fill the grooves.
we had dark ugly paneling. I was afraid to take it off the wall in fear of what was behind it. Instead I used a wall covering that can be painted. Wal-tex is one brand. You can find it at your home supply store. It's a little more work-but it hides the deep grooves, and it's washable. Paint on paneling requires a lot of steps to ensure it won't chip off when bumped. Or flake off when washed. For a few deep ridges we used joint compound, and then sanded it smooth. But, we used wall covering over it to cover minor imperfections. Good luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!