Has any one got any suggestions on how to fill in the grooves in panneling. I want a painted surface when finished.
Thanks for any ideas.
If there is gypsum wallboard behind the paneling and it is in good shape I would remove the paneling completely and repair the walls. Hopefully the installer didn't glue the paneling. I think you would spend more time trying to fill the grooves.
we had dark ugly paneling. I was afraid to take it off the wall in fear of what was behind it. Instead I used a wall covering that can be painted. Wal-tex is one brand. You can find it at your home supply store. It's a little more work-but it hides the deep grooves, and it's washable. Paint on paneling requires a lot of steps to ensure it won't chip off when bumped. Or flake off when washed. For a few deep ridges we used joint compound, and then sanded it smooth. But, we used wall covering over it to cover minor imperfections. Good luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes