Has any one got any suggestions on how to fill in the grooves in panneling. I want a painted surface when finished.
Thanks for any ideas.
If there is gypsum wallboard behind the paneling and it is in good shape I would remove the paneling completely and repair the walls. Hopefully the installer didn't glue the paneling. I think you would spend more time trying to fill the grooves.
we had dark ugly paneling. I was afraid to take it off the wall in fear of what was behind it. Instead I used a wall covering that can be painted. Wal-tex is one brand. You can find it at your home supply store. It's a little more work-but it hides the deep grooves, and it's washable. Paint on paneling requires a lot of steps to ensure it won't chip off when bumped. Or flake off when washed. For a few deep ridges we used joint compound, and then sanded it smooth. But, we used wall covering over it to cover minor imperfections. Good luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!