remodelling around a furnace
Sounds to me that you need to talk to your local Building Inspector.
There are codes that come into play for the work you are going to undertake.
I know, permits, we don't need no stinking permits, right. Wrong!
You will need to have inspections done to make sure that you do have enough make-up air for the furnace and that you have a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. A louver door may work if you do not make a bedroom down there adjacent to it.
I would ask the inspector to guide you as to what they will require and I'd lean on a seperate mechanical room with outside make up air. you could suffacate yourself by having the furnace and you trying to use the same oxigen.
If you decide to make a work room down there, what are you going top do to control the sawdust?
Even if you do not make any bedrooms down there, you should, for your families safety, though not required, provide the proper egess to get out in the event of a fire.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes