remodelling around a furnace
Sounds to me that you need to talk to your local Building Inspector.
There are codes that come into play for the work you are going to undertake.
I know, permits, we don't need no stinking permits, right. Wrong!
You will need to have inspections done to make sure that you do have enough make-up air for the furnace and that you have a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. A louver door may work if you do not make a bedroom down there adjacent to it.
I would ask the inspector to guide you as to what they will require and I'd lean on a seperate mechanical room with outside make up air. you could suffacate yourself by having the furnace and you trying to use the same oxigen.
If you decide to make a work room down there, what are you going top do to control the sawdust?
Even if you do not make any bedrooms down there, you should, for your families safety, though not required, provide the proper egess to get out in the event of a fire.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates