remodelling around a furnace
Sounds to me that you need to talk to your local Building Inspector.
There are codes that come into play for the work you are going to undertake.
I know, permits, we don't need no stinking permits, right. Wrong!
You will need to have inspections done to make sure that you do have enough make-up air for the furnace and that you have a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. A louver door may work if you do not make a bedroom down there adjacent to it.
I would ask the inspector to guide you as to what they will require and I'd lean on a seperate mechanical room with outside make up air. you could suffacate yourself by having the furnace and you trying to use the same oxigen.
If you decide to make a work room down there, what are you going top do to control the sawdust?
Even if you do not make any bedrooms down there, you should, for your families safety, though not required, provide the proper egess to get out in the event of a fire.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard