VINES ON HOUSE
The vines themselves will take more time and effort. Getting them off the house will take some effort and care, as they have to be pulled off, and pried off where they won't simply come off with a good tug. Care must be taken in order to avoid damage to the siding. If the siding is brick, it should withstand the project. But if the siding is claps or shingles, and they're old, they may sustain damage if care is not taken. After the vines are all pulled off and disposed of, you will likely see quite a few little tendrils still attached to the house...quite a few. These are the little hands and feet with which the vines attaches itself to a surface. They will probably not come off with the vine. Getting the off will take time and effort, too. Scraping is the method usually used, with either paint scraper or wire brush, or both. But again, care must be taken so as to not unduly damage the siding.
Not an easy route, but I know of no other. Vines look nice until you want them gone...and then they lose their appeal real quick.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes