I am getting ready to buy and install a Filtrete brand under-sink water filter, and in anticipation of this task I looked at the water lines under the sink just now. I immediately noticed that the cold water line is a stiff 1980s-era ringed-looking silver type of line (the type that looks like a trachea/windpipe) and I forsee it easily cracking when I start moving it around.
Therefore I am considering replacing that line completely with a length of PEX as part of this job.
My questions are:
1) Is my suspicion on target? Is this line likely to rupture if I start flexing it as the filter installation will no doubt require?
2) Is there anything in particular I would need to know to do that as a plumbing newbie?
3) Videos I've seen about PEX don't make it look like it's very flexible either with regard to doing "C" or "U" curves. Am I wrong about that?
I usually use braided stainless steel or nylon flexible supply lines for that. It's a good compromise of reliability and ease of use. It's good and flexible, won't kink, and easy to work with as opposed to the chrome plated copper.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs