I looked and didn't find the answer so I apologize if this is a repeat.
I have a 70 year old house that after extremly heavy rains and some water seapage at the floor wall joint where there was no longer any drylock. This has happened only once and the storm was blowing winds where blowing onto the house. My question is would you just re-drylock it and look into sump pump etc. in the spring? Or just drylock and see if it leaks again. I built up around the house and sealed concrete cracks around the area, extended downspouts etc.
you...like anyone else, had water ENTER because there IS a direct opening(s)on the outside of where you saw water at the cold joint inside...know what i mean?
if you are ONLY getting water on the floor where the wall `n floor meet, and its ONLY in 1 area, then it came in from either/both A)opening(s) on the outside of the wall below grade B) opening(s) ABOVE ground level incl`g around basement windows,any vented or screened window(new or old!),open mortar joints/porous-cracked bricks,opening where a hose for central a/c enters the house etc.
You can drylok all ya like,any paint or inside dewatering system does not stop water from entering the basement through outside openings. And if/when ya dont stop water-moisture, then one will not stop/prevent mold,efflorescence,radon,termites-insects,hydrostatic & lateral pressure and the possibility of wall deterioration.....find the opening(s) and fix.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps