I looked and didn't find the answer so I apologize if this is a repeat.
I have a 70 year old house that after extremly heavy rains and some water seapage at the floor wall joint where there was no longer any drylock. This has happened only once and the storm was blowing winds where blowing onto the house. My question is would you just re-drylock it and look into sump pump etc. in the spring? Or just drylock and see if it leaks again. I built up around the house and sealed concrete cracks around the area, extended downspouts etc.
you...like anyone else, had water ENTER because there IS a direct opening(s)on the outside of where you saw water at the cold joint inside...know what i mean?
if you are ONLY getting water on the floor where the wall `n floor meet, and its ONLY in 1 area, then it came in from either/both A)opening(s) on the outside of the wall below grade B) opening(s) ABOVE ground level incl`g around basement windows,any vented or screened window(new or old!),open mortar joints/porous-cracked bricks,opening where a hose for central a/c enters the house etc.
You can drylok all ya like,any paint or inside dewatering system does not stop water from entering the basement through outside openings. And if/when ya dont stop water-moisture, then one will not stop/prevent mold,efflorescence,radon,termites-insects,hydrostatic & lateral pressure and the possibility of wall deterioration.....find the opening(s) and fix.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY