The space above our stairs to the basement is nothing but wasted space. Our home is only 1100 square feet and I really would like some ideas on how I can utilize this wasted space. I had some ideas of a pull down platform to be able to access storage shelves, pantry, something. The wall dimensions are 9' high and 3 1/2' wide. I need some ideas please!
Due to the risks involved with putting a shelf there, I honestly cannot think of anything that I would feel comfortable with given the fact you would be reaching for something while on stairs.
I have thought of accessing this space from the side...provided it doesnt interfere with your other room(s). From my living room I can install a gas or electric fireplace...need a raised hearth to keep stairway headroom. Or a built in entertainment center. From my kitchen side I can build in more cabinets. All depends on your room layouts.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!