The space above our stairs to the basement is nothing but wasted space. Our home is only 1100 square feet and I really would like some ideas on how I can utilize this wasted space. I had some ideas of a pull down platform to be able to access storage shelves, pantry, something. The wall dimensions are 9' high and 3 1/2' wide. I need some ideas please!
Due to the risks involved with putting a shelf there, I honestly cannot think of anything that I would feel comfortable with given the fact you would be reaching for something while on stairs.
I have thought of accessing this space from the side...provided it doesnt interfere with your other room(s). From my living room I can install a gas or electric fireplace...need a raised hearth to keep stairway headroom. Or a built in entertainment center. From my kitchen side I can build in more cabinets. All depends on your room layouts.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers