The space above our stairs to the basement is nothing but wasted space. Our home is only 1100 square feet and I really would like some ideas on how I can utilize this wasted space. I had some ideas of a pull down platform to be able to access storage shelves, pantry, something. The wall dimensions are 9' high and 3 1/2' wide. I need some ideas please!
Due to the risks involved with putting a shelf there, I honestly cannot think of anything that I would feel comfortable with given the fact you would be reaching for something while on stairs.
I have thought of accessing this space from the side...provided it doesnt interfere with your other room(s). From my living room I can install a gas or electric fireplace...need a raised hearth to keep stairway headroom. Or a built in entertainment center. From my kitchen side I can build in more cabinets. All depends on your room layouts.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects