The space above our stairs to the basement is nothing but wasted space. Our home is only 1100 square feet and I really would like some ideas on how I can utilize this wasted space. I had some ideas of a pull down platform to be able to access storage shelves, pantry, something. The wall dimensions are 9' high and 3 1/2' wide. I need some ideas please!
Due to the risks involved with putting a shelf there, I honestly cannot think of anything that I would feel comfortable with given the fact you would be reaching for something while on stairs.
I have thought of accessing this space from the side...provided it doesnt interfere with your other room(s). From my living room I can install a gas or electric fireplace...need a raised hearth to keep stairway headroom. Or a built in entertainment center. From my kitchen side I can build in more cabinets. All depends on your room layouts.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight