The space above our stairs to the basement is nothing but wasted space. Our home is only 1100 square feet and I really would like some ideas on how I can utilize this wasted space. I had some ideas of a pull down platform to be able to access storage shelves, pantry, something. The wall dimensions are 9' high and 3 1/2' wide. I need some ideas please!
Due to the risks involved with putting a shelf there, I honestly cannot think of anything that I would feel comfortable with given the fact you would be reaching for something while on stairs.
I have thought of accessing this space from the side...provided it doesnt interfere with your other room(s). From my living room I can install a gas or electric fireplace...need a raised hearth to keep stairway headroom. Or a built in entertainment center. From my kitchen side I can build in more cabinets. All depends on your room layouts.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office