Walking on cellulose or fiberglass
In short, you don't want to walk on ANY type of insulation. If you compress it, it will lose its R-value (i.e., its insulation value.)
If I were you, I'd use fiberglass batt insulation. Yes, it can be moved easily so you can walk up there. If you're considering later on of using the 'space' up there for storage, I'd build a 'dummy floor'. You simply build floor joists in a box-shape, and lay the insulation INSIDE the joist bays. See what I mean??? Then, you can screw down some plywood on top of the box, and store stuff on top. (You only need a few screws in case you need to 'lift' the dummy sub-floor on top of the joists. Don't use nails ...)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Shingles of asphalt or fiberglass that resemble 5 or...
Attic / Roof Insulation
heating problems on second floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes