I had a french drain installed parallel with the back of my house to help with drainage, and the installer said not to cover the rocks with soil and seed, that doing that may clog it. He said that it will eventually fill in on it's own. The drain is about a foot or so wide and was installed in late summer. Will the grass eventually find it's way in and cover the rocks? My golden retriever likes to take the rocks and toss them around the yard. I'm anxious to get this eyesore covered! Also, my back yard is at a very slight slope towards the house (the reason for the drain) and it's terribly mushy when it rains or the snow melts. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!
the installer said" by adding/putting dirt over rocks may clog it" hmmm, seems to me.....think about this.....dirt is going to get into the rocks/drain anyways from.....the sides of where the rocks and dirt meet and from underneath.
It's confusing, some say to leave it uncovered and the grass will eventually grow over it and some say to cover. My neighbor had hers done (before I bought my house) and said hers looked like mine, but is now covered over. It seemed like a little grass was starting to creep into the sides in areas, but the whole thing looks like an eyesore to me. What to do.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes