Insulated glass minimum thickness
I would appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE comments.
For the above reasons I would not even consider installing them and tell people to look for another contractor. I will spend the extra money and purchase windows that have stood the test of time. I have no qualms installing a quality product from Anderson, Pella, etc. I know for a fact that 15 or 20 years down the road these windows will still be doing their job and the bad complaints are the minority. This was all that I meant by "with windows you get what you pay for". All of the talk that you receive from salesman about pane spacing and other words is just their way of trying to overwhelm and confuse you. In their world the best salesman wins.
If you have time, write to the above companies and ask for their specification and test data sheets and compare their results to the companies that you are speaking with now. You will receive straight facts from them. You can then make an informed and intelligent choice. It is a major expenditure and not a decision that you want to end up regretting.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes