Insulated glass minimum thickness
I would appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE comments.
For the above reasons I would not even consider installing them and tell people to look for another contractor. I will spend the extra money and purchase windows that have stood the test of time. I have no qualms installing a quality product from Anderson, Pella, etc. I know for a fact that 15 or 20 years down the road these windows will still be doing their job and the bad complaints are the minority. This was all that I meant by "with windows you get what you pay for". All of the talk that you receive from salesman about pane spacing and other words is just their way of trying to overwhelm and confuse you. In their world the best salesman wins.
If you have time, write to the above companies and ask for their specification and test data sheets and compare their results to the companies that you are speaking with now. You will receive straight facts from them. You can then make an informed and intelligent choice. It is a major expenditure and not a decision that you want to end up regretting.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!