Craftsman 1/2 hp garage opener- buzzing- DESPERATE
You should only press the buttom momentarily. Don't hold it pressed.
If you have to continue to hold the button, then there is a malfunction.
The button isn't what opens and closes the door. It simply sends a signal to the actual opener to do its thing.
It's like pressing a doorbell button. Holding down the button after the initial "press" doesn't make it work better.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 03, 2003).]
Your problem sounds like the motor is not turning. If that's the case, it's either the motor, the gears, or a mechanical problem with the door itself.
First, can you open the door manually when the opener is disconnected? Does it open and close smoothly? (It's not manually locked is it?)
Second, with the gears disconnected from the motor, can you move them?
Third, with the motor disconnected electrically and mechanically, can you turn its shaft?
One of these 3 tests should help point you to the problem.
Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage doors
craftsman opener chain keeps coming off the sprocket
garage door opener
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight