Craftsman 1/2 hp garage opener- buzzing- DESPERATE
You should only press the buttom momentarily. Don't hold it pressed.
If you have to continue to hold the button, then there is a malfunction.
The button isn't what opens and closes the door. It simply sends a signal to the actual opener to do its thing.
It's like pressing a doorbell button. Holding down the button after the initial "press" doesn't make it work better.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 03, 2003).]
Your problem sounds like the motor is not turning. If that's the case, it's either the motor, the gears, or a mechanical problem with the door itself.
First, can you open the door manually when the opener is disconnected? Does it open and close smoothly? (It's not manually locked is it?)
Second, with the gears disconnected from the motor, can you move them?
Third, with the motor disconnected electrically and mechanically, can you turn its shaft?
One of these 3 tests should help point you to the problem.
Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage doors
craftsman opener chain keeps coming off the sprocket
garage door opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs