Craftsman 1/2 hp garage opener- buzzing- DESPERATE
You should only press the buttom momentarily. Don't hold it pressed.
If you have to continue to hold the button, then there is a malfunction.
The button isn't what opens and closes the door. It simply sends a signal to the actual opener to do its thing.
It's like pressing a doorbell button. Holding down the button after the initial "press" doesn't make it work better.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 03, 2003).]
Your problem sounds like the motor is not turning. If that's the case, it's either the motor, the gears, or a mechanical problem with the door itself.
First, can you open the door manually when the opener is disconnected? Does it open and close smoothly? (It's not manually locked is it?)
Second, with the gears disconnected from the motor, can you move them?
Third, with the motor disconnected electrically and mechanically, can you turn its shaft?
One of these 3 tests should help point you to the problem.
Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage doors
craftsman opener chain keeps coming off the sprocket
garage door opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes