Craftsman 1/2 hp garage opener- buzzing- DESPERATE
You should only press the buttom momentarily. Don't hold it pressed.
If you have to continue to hold the button, then there is a malfunction.
The button isn't what opens and closes the door. It simply sends a signal to the actual opener to do its thing.
It's like pressing a doorbell button. Holding down the button after the initial "press" doesn't make it work better.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 03, 2003).]
Your problem sounds like the motor is not turning. If that's the case, it's either the motor, the gears, or a mechanical problem with the door itself.
First, can you open the door manually when the opener is disconnected? Does it open and close smoothly? (It's not manually locked is it?)
Second, with the gears disconnected from the motor, can you move them?
Third, with the motor disconnected electrically and mechanically, can you turn its shaft?
One of these 3 tests should help point you to the problem.
Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage doors
craftsman opener chain keeps coming off the sprocket
garage door opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Handy Household Uses for Vinegar
- 12 Easy Ways to Boost Bathroom Storage
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 10 Ways to Live Large in 400 Sq. Ft. or Less
- Brilliant New Uses for Old Wooden Doors