Craftsman 1/2 hp garage opener- buzzing- DESPERATE
You should only press the buttom momentarily. Don't hold it pressed.
If you have to continue to hold the button, then there is a malfunction.
The button isn't what opens and closes the door. It simply sends a signal to the actual opener to do its thing.
It's like pressing a doorbell button. Holding down the button after the initial "press" doesn't make it work better.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 03, 2003).]
Your problem sounds like the motor is not turning. If that's the case, it's either the motor, the gears, or a mechanical problem with the door itself.
First, can you open the door manually when the opener is disconnected? Does it open and close smoothly? (It's not manually locked is it?)
Second, with the gears disconnected from the motor, can you move them?
Third, with the motor disconnected electrically and mechanically, can you turn its shaft?
One of these 3 tests should help point you to the problem.
Craftsman Garage door doesn't Stop
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage doors
craftsman opener chain keeps coming off the sprocket
garage door opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!