Bad Simonton windows or bad installation..This is the question????
We built a new home and moved in November 4th. Iowa has had a very brutal Winter this year but I was expecting the cold, frost and ice problems to be outside and not inside my house!! We had problems with one of the double hung windows before we moved in. We had rain coming in at the bottom corner and leaking out onto my newly finished oak woodwork. The contractor supposedly fixed it. When the weather turned really cold not one window in the house was without frost, ice and little piles of snow infiltrating at the bottom of the window. We called the contractor and were getting no where so I got the number of the rep that sold them to us and he came and looked at them. Said that we should not put our shades all the way down and run the ceiling fans all the time in every room. We don't have a humidity problem in this house at all..in fact it is so dry that the dog runs from me so he doesn't get shocked every time I try to pet him! lol!! I had an old house with windows that never iced up and we didn't have to run the ceiling fans or not have the shade pulled down in Winter!! My daughter's room is so cold we have to run and additional heater when it gets really cold. I am already seeing damage to my woodwork which really makes me "happy" It obviously doesn't do any good to talk to Simonton about their windows..it won't be their fault and I feel the warranty is a joke. The rep actually is a joke too..very rude and obnoxious. I wished I had never heard of Simonton windows..I have a new house and should be happy..just causing me frustration. Any suggestions? I am uploading a pic of the windows.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!