We have a Kenmore Elite 8.0 cu ft. steam dryer model 41100, color Blackberry, that intermittently shuts-off immediately when turned-on. This happens 25-50% of the time. It is very annoying. If the dryer actually stays on, it usually works fine, although sometimes it changes the dry cycle to delicate or some other shortened dry cycle. I'm not totally sure that these two problems are related.
Unplugging and re-plugging the dryer seems to "reboot" the dryer and fix the start-up problem. We had a warranty technician come out and take a look, but of course it worked fine when he came out.
Any ideas regarding what is wrong with this dryer?
I also have this same problem with the same model. last week I could get it to fail 100% of the time so I had to do the unplug trick to "reboot" the electronics. I wish I hadn't because a few days later when I got a Sears technician to come out, he could not get the dryer to fail and could not verify my complaint. It's frustrating when it is intermittent. I hope someone has an answer for this.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes