We have a Kenmore Elite 8.0 cu ft. steam dryer model 41100, color Blackberry, that intermittently shuts-off immediately when turned-on. This happens 25-50% of the time. It is very annoying. If the dryer actually stays on, it usually works fine, although sometimes it changes the dry cycle to delicate or some other shortened dry cycle. I'm not totally sure that these two problems are related.
Unplugging and re-plugging the dryer seems to "reboot" the dryer and fix the start-up problem. We had a warranty technician come out and take a look, but of course it worked fine when he came out.
Any ideas regarding what is wrong with this dryer?
I also have this same problem with the same model. last week I could get it to fail 100% of the time so I had to do the unplug trick to "reboot" the electronics. I wish I hadn't because a few days later when I got a Sears technician to come out, he could not get the dryer to fail and could not verify my complaint. It's frustrating when it is intermittent. I hope someone has an answer for this.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!