We have a Kenmore Elite 8.0 cu ft. steam dryer model 41100, color Blackberry, that intermittently shuts-off immediately when turned-on. This happens 25-50% of the time. It is very annoying. If the dryer actually stays on, it usually works fine, although sometimes it changes the dry cycle to delicate or some other shortened dry cycle. I'm not totally sure that these two problems are related.
Unplugging and re-plugging the dryer seems to "reboot" the dryer and fix the start-up problem. We had a warranty technician come out and take a look, but of course it worked fine when he came out.
Any ideas regarding what is wrong with this dryer?
I also have this same problem with the same model. last week I could get it to fail 100% of the time so I had to do the unplug trick to "reboot" the electronics. I wish I hadn't because a few days later when I got a Sears technician to come out, he could not get the dryer to fail and could not verify my complaint. It's frustrating when it is intermittent. I hope someone has an answer for this.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects