I bought and installed a 6ft. french door in 1999. The door in now rottened. The company that purchased the Probilt company sent me their warranty on products purchased after 2003, and they indicated that this was a maintance issue. I am hoping that someone out there has a copy of the orginal warranty issued by Probilt in 1999. I will appreciate any information that I can receive. Thank you.
I bought some in 2000 and they are rotten too. I believe i first noticed it in 2008 or 2009. But have had difficulty finding probuilts number. I bought the doors in 2000 and they had either lifetime warrant for 10 or 15 years but however i can find anybody with that company now. I believe it was an engineering issue because there was a piece of plastic styrofoam type material on door opposite of otherdoor that had loccking system. Where this material attached to door it caused moisture to be trapped thus rooting wooden structure of door. There probably is a lawsuit about this malfunction, if not there should be.
I need to replace the wood strip on the threshold, does anyone have contact info for this company????
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!