Water seeping through cracks in floor
Make sure your gutters and downspouts are working properly.
The next time it rains, don your raincoat, boots, and umbrella, making sure you're careful about lightening, and take a walk around the structure. Water shouldn't be leaking from the gutters, shouldn't be running from BEHIND or OVER the gutters, and gutters should be wherever water is running off the roof line. Also, check that the downspouts are 'closed' and 'dumping' the water at least 3' from the foundation. Also, make sure you have at least a 1" slope, over a distance of 3', from the foundation, on out. If water is pooling anywhere NEAR the foundation, or if the gutters and/or downspouts have 'failures' that I mentioned, this will contribute to the ground getting too saturated and causing your problem. Certainly, there may be other sources of water that are egging on your problem, but I won't go there because they're not likely doing that.
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!