Water seeping through cracks in floor
Make sure your gutters and downspouts are working properly.
The next time it rains, don your raincoat, boots, and umbrella, making sure you're careful about lightening, and take a walk around the structure. Water shouldn't be leaking from the gutters, shouldn't be running from BEHIND or OVER the gutters, and gutters should be wherever water is running off the roof line. Also, check that the downspouts are 'closed' and 'dumping' the water at least 3' from the foundation. Also, make sure you have at least a 1" slope, over a distance of 3', from the foundation, on out. If water is pooling anywhere NEAR the foundation, or if the gutters and/or downspouts have 'failures' that I mentioned, this will contribute to the ground getting too saturated and causing your problem. Certainly, there may be other sources of water that are egging on your problem, but I won't go there because they're not likely doing that.
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes