There is a strange smell, of what I thought was gas in my home. I had the gas company come out and they say there is no gas leak. My husband wonders if it could be some kind of mold. There is a musty smell in the den, but this smell is different. This house was built in 1985 and had foundation problems and was piered. There are some serious cracks we found under the carpet in the musty den. What could this smell be and who in the world would we call for help identifiying it? I worry about calling one of the duct/mold remediation companies for fear they will say we have mold even if we don't. Any ideas? Thanks!