Hello, thank you for taking time to read this post. I ran out of options and need to ask to advice. I am having a problem with a strangest thing that happens in my m.bathroom. When it gets warmer and we open windows we are getting a strong odor in the m. bedroom that has a sulfuric component to it but, I do not think it is a sewer gas. It is a little bit like natural gas but local gas company checked it out and they do not detect it.
It is even more noticeble when it is warm and windy and windows are open and there is a fresh air exchange.
We moved into this house 8 months ago and had this odor in early fall but then it got colder, we closed windows and through the entire winter we did not smell it ever. Now spring is here in Illinois and I just do not know what to check.
One suggestion was that it was a paint that when it reacts with oxygen, emits this odor...
House is 11 years old. Drywalled bathroom with painted wall.
Any help on what to check is appreciated. I have been lurking on this site for a long time but never asked.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees