Hello, thank you for taking time to read this post. I ran out of options and need to ask to advice. I am having a problem with a strangest thing that happens in my m.bathroom. When it gets warmer and we open windows we are getting a strong odor in the m. bedroom that has a sulfuric component to it but, I do not think it is a sewer gas. It is a little bit like natural gas but local gas company checked it out and they do not detect it.
It is even more noticeble when it is warm and windy and windows are open and there is a fresh air exchange.
We moved into this house 8 months ago and had this odor in early fall but then it got colder, we closed windows and through the entire winter we did not smell it ever. Now spring is here in Illinois and I just do not know what to check.
One suggestion was that it was a paint that when it reacts with oxygen, emits this odor...
House is 11 years old. Drywalled bathroom with painted wall.
Any help on what to check is appreciated. I have been lurking on this site for a long time but never asked.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY