Hello, thank you for taking time to read this post. I ran out of options and need to ask to advice. I am having a problem with a strangest thing that happens in my m.bathroom. When it gets warmer and we open windows we are getting a strong odor in the m. bedroom that has a sulfuric component to it but, I do not think it is a sewer gas. It is a little bit like natural gas but local gas company checked it out and they do not detect it.
It is even more noticeble when it is warm and windy and windows are open and there is a fresh air exchange.
We moved into this house 8 months ago and had this odor in early fall but then it got colder, we closed windows and through the entire winter we did not smell it ever. Now spring is here in Illinois and I just do not know what to check.
One suggestion was that it was a paint that when it reacts with oxygen, emits this odor...
House is 11 years old. Drywalled bathroom with painted wall.
Any help on what to check is appreciated. I have been lurking on this site for a long time but never asked.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools