Need help. I'm trying to install an unusual type of wall and I want to be sure it's safe and sturdy. To save money and to be different, I decided to use some old solid wood doors, that are no longer used in the house, as a wall. I thought if I refinished them (which I'm in the process of doing), hooked them together by hinges, and hung them by the ceiling and somehow 'bolted' them to the floor they would make an interesting wall. Problem is that I want to make them secure and i'm not sure how to hang them or secure them to the floor to where it looks good. This will be a partition dividing two bedrooms, I'm not so much worried about the carpet because eventually we'll replace it, (but not for a while) but there is a finished wood floor under that. The house is a duplex that we own and we live upstairs. Hope that's enough info. Thanks.
you can use metal track on the upper and lower to secure the doors screw the bottom rail. use a biscut joiner get doors ready. put the bottom rail in. leave space in between doors. put door in top rail put into position,seprate doors a little ,screw top track in. Glue biscuts and clamped doors together. Use molding to cover tracks.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes