Dryer is about a 3 year old Kenmore Elite. It keeps stopping after 10 min, or 1 min, or 5 min. After starting again 4 or 5 times, it usually will remain on until drying is complete (30 min). It sounds to me like some kind of sensor has gone bad. Can anyone help me troubleshoot the part I need to replace?
Is the door in good condition? like is it jarring open enough to let the lid switch cut the dryer off? That could be your problem. Most kenmore dryers have a thermal cutoff that will shut the dryer down completely but they work like a fuse.. hence once it got too hot the thermal fuse would blow and the dryer wouldn't start back. Another problem maybe your motor getting hot and cutting off. It has a thermal switch on it too, once it cools back down it will start again. If its not the door or the door switch I'd look at all the connections and make sure you don't have a loose connection anywhere.
Hmmmmm any knowledge of how to get into control area??? There is a board in there that senses the signal from the moisture sensor. No signal,no moisture, no run.
kenmore series 90...starting and stopping problems
Kenmore Elite Dryer keeps stopping
Central AC keeps turning off after 1 min
I AM FREEZING!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips