Dryer is about a 3 year old Kenmore Elite. It keeps stopping after 10 min, or 1 min, or 5 min. After starting again 4 or 5 times, it usually will remain on until drying is complete (30 min). It sounds to me like some kind of sensor has gone bad. Can anyone help me troubleshoot the part I need to replace?
Is the door in good condition? like is it jarring open enough to let the lid switch cut the dryer off? That could be your problem. Most kenmore dryers have a thermal cutoff that will shut the dryer down completely but they work like a fuse.. hence once it got too hot the thermal fuse would blow and the dryer wouldn't start back. Another problem maybe your motor getting hot and cutting off. It has a thermal switch on it too, once it cools back down it will start again. If its not the door or the door switch I'd look at all the connections and make sure you don't have a loose connection anywhere.
Hmmmmm any knowledge of how to get into control area??? There is a board in there that senses the signal from the moisture sensor. No signal,no moisture, no run.
kenmore series 90...starting and stopping problems
Kenmore Elite Dryer keeps stopping
Central AC keeps turning off after 1 min
I AM FREEZING!!!
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING