Dryer is about a 3 year old Kenmore Elite. It keeps stopping after 10 min, or 1 min, or 5 min. After starting again 4 or 5 times, it usually will remain on until drying is complete (30 min). It sounds to me like some kind of sensor has gone bad. Can anyone help me troubleshoot the part I need to replace?
Is the door in good condition? like is it jarring open enough to let the lid switch cut the dryer off? That could be your problem. Most kenmore dryers have a thermal cutoff that will shut the dryer down completely but they work like a fuse.. hence once it got too hot the thermal fuse would blow and the dryer wouldn't start back. Another problem maybe your motor getting hot and cutting off. It has a thermal switch on it too, once it cools back down it will start again. If its not the door or the door switch I'd look at all the connections and make sure you don't have a loose connection anywhere.
Hmmmmm any knowledge of how to get into control area??? There is a board in there that senses the signal from the moisture sensor. No signal,no moisture, no run.
kenmore series 90...starting and stopping problems
Kenmore Elite Dryer keeps stopping
Central AC keeps turning off after 1 min
I AM FREEZING!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love