To all posters on this board please read the following:
The building codes in this country vary quite a bit from one locale to another. This is a fact. It is therefore extremely important that each and every post on this board that is based on a building code include the name of the building code it is based on and from which state and locale. Even when listing the code you are referencing I would also ask that you also to include your recommendation for other members reading your post to ‚ÄúCheck with your local inspections office for all code related issues and how they apply in your area.‚Äù
While the code may state one thing in your locale does not mean it will be the same or applies in the same way in a different locale. Please be aware of this when giving other members code related advice.
If you are unsure of the particular code you are referencing then please do NOT state that your adice is ‚ÄúAccording to the code‚Ä¶‚Äù Just post your advice as such and leave it at that.
Let‚Äôs keep this board as clear and concise as possible to prevent any misunderstandings that could potentially lead to disastrous results for other less experienced members.
Thank you all for your understanding on this important issue.
Moderator: Construction Systems, Foundations, and Masonry & Stone
For more information about me and/or my qualifications please visit my website at:
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING