To all posters on this board please read the following:
The building codes in this country vary quite a bit from one locale to another. This is a fact. It is therefore extremely important that each and every post on this board that is based on a building code include the name of the building code it is based on and from which state and locale. Even when listing the code you are referencing I would also ask that you also to include your recommendation for other members reading your post to ‚ÄúCheck with your local inspections office for all code related issues and how they apply in your area.‚Äù
While the code may state one thing in your locale does not mean it will be the same or applies in the same way in a different locale. Please be aware of this when giving other members code related advice.
If you are unsure of the particular code you are referencing then please do NOT state that your adice is ‚ÄúAccording to the code‚Ä¶‚Äù Just post your advice as such and leave it at that.
Let‚Äôs keep this board as clear and concise as possible to prevent any misunderstandings that could potentially lead to disastrous results for other less experienced members.
Thank you all for your understanding on this important issue.
Moderator: Construction Systems, Foundations, and Masonry & Stone
For more information about me and/or my qualifications please visit my website at:
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!