To all posters on this board please read the following:
The building codes in this country vary quite a bit from one locale to another. This is a fact. It is therefore extremely important that each and every post on this board that is based on a building code include the name of the building code it is based on and from which state and locale. Even when listing the code you are referencing I would also ask that you also to include your recommendation for other members reading your post to ‚ÄúCheck with your local inspections office for all code related issues and how they apply in your area.‚Äù
While the code may state one thing in your locale does not mean it will be the same or applies in the same way in a different locale. Please be aware of this when giving other members code related advice.
If you are unsure of the particular code you are referencing then please do NOT state that your adice is ‚ÄúAccording to the code‚Ä¶‚Äù Just post your advice as such and leave it at that.
Let‚Äôs keep this board as clear and concise as possible to prevent any misunderstandings that could potentially lead to disastrous results for other less experienced members.
Thank you all for your understanding on this important issue.
Moderator: Construction Systems, Foundations, and Masonry & Stone
For more information about me and/or my qualifications please visit my website at:
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!