I live in an attached end-unit 3-story townhome. 2 weeks ago we had a new vinyl floor installed, with a new 1/8" plywood underlayment placed on top of our particle board subfloor.
We also just purchased 100 ft of primed baseboard, and painted it white. The beetles seem to be attracted to the painted baseboard, they hang out on it a lot. We have NOT installed it yet because we want to figure where all these beetles are coming from. We removed the old baseboard and it is long gone.
Within the last 5 days we have been seeing dozens of Powderpost Beetles appearing around our Window sill and on top of the vinyl floor.
We have never had this problem before. Our home was built in 1983. I do not think tenting is an option for fumigation since we do not live in a detached home.
What shall we do? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects