I live in an attached end-unit 3-story townhome. 2 weeks ago we had a new vinyl floor installed, with a new 1/8" plywood underlayment placed on top of our particle board subfloor.
We also just purchased 100 ft of primed baseboard, and painted it white. The beetles seem to be attracted to the painted baseboard, they hang out on it a lot. We have NOT installed it yet because we want to figure where all these beetles are coming from. We removed the old baseboard and it is long gone.
Within the last 5 days we have been seeing dozens of Powderpost Beetles appearing around our Window sill and on top of the vinyl floor.
We have never had this problem before. Our home was built in 1983. I do not think tenting is an option for fumigation since we do not live in a detached home.
What shall we do? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love