I live in an attached end-unit 3-story townhome. 2 weeks ago we had a new vinyl floor installed, with a new 1/8" plywood underlayment placed on top of our particle board subfloor.
We also just purchased 100 ft of primed baseboard, and painted it white. The beetles seem to be attracted to the painted baseboard, they hang out on it a lot. We have NOT installed it yet because we want to figure where all these beetles are coming from. We removed the old baseboard and it is long gone.
Within the last 5 days we have been seeing dozens of Powderpost Beetles appearing around our Window sill and on top of the vinyl floor.
We have never had this problem before. Our home was built in 1983. I do not think tenting is an option for fumigation since we do not live in a detached home.
What shall we do? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight