Sheer Cracked foundation
Did you ask the Engineer what it means after 7 years? Obviously, 'we' can't see it from here. Shear cracks are slip cracks. It implies that there was movement along the crack from BOTH 'parts'. A crack is just a crack like you see when you look at a hairline crack in a glass. A shear crack is movement along the actual crack.
I'd contact the Engineer. Get a definition from him/her and ask about the 'future'. $300,000 is a LOT of $$$. The fee for an Engineer is a drop in the bucket. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Water leaking under foundation blocks at footer!!
Best material for waterproofing exterior foundation ...
New home construction cracked foundation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects