Sheer Cracked foundation
Did you ask the Engineer what it means after 7 years? Obviously, 'we' can't see it from here. Shear cracks are slip cracks. It implies that there was movement along the crack from BOTH 'parts'. A crack is just a crack like you see when you look at a hairline crack in a glass. A shear crack is movement along the actual crack.
I'd contact the Engineer. Get a definition from him/her and ask about the 'future'. $300,000 is a LOT of $$$. The fee for an Engineer is a drop in the bucket. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Water leaking under foundation blocks at footer!!
Best material for waterproofing exterior foundation ...
New home construction cracked foundation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers