Wood shutters need repair
It's tough to say from here if they can be repaired.
Once the wood 'bows out', you have to wonder how you're going to get it 'straight' again. I have the feeling that 1) the paint is a dark paint, and 2) the shutters get LOTS of sun.
If my assumptions are correct, it could get VERY expensive to repair and/or replace them whenever you do so. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do either. I'm suggesting that you consider a high-quality vinyl that will take the weather 'abuse' that I'm assuming.
My home faces due South. The vinyl siding is white and the vinyl shutters are black. Both are of a high quality. There's no maintenance and they should last for a long, LONG time.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
home depot deck program
oak, beach, and chestnut barn wood, Who buys it ??
removing vinyl siding
Iron-on wood veneer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY