Wood shutters need repair
It's tough to say from here if they can be repaired.
Once the wood 'bows out', you have to wonder how you're going to get it 'straight' again. I have the feeling that 1) the paint is a dark paint, and 2) the shutters get LOTS of sun.
If my assumptions are correct, it could get VERY expensive to repair and/or replace them whenever you do so. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do either. I'm suggesting that you consider a high-quality vinyl that will take the weather 'abuse' that I'm assuming.
My home faces due South. The vinyl siding is white and the vinyl shutters are black. Both are of a high quality. There's no maintenance and they should last for a long, LONG time.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
home depot deck program
oak, beach, and chestnut barn wood, Who buys it ??
removing vinyl siding
Iron-on wood veneer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps