Wood shutters need repair
It's tough to say from here if they can be repaired.
Once the wood 'bows out', you have to wonder how you're going to get it 'straight' again. I have the feeling that 1) the paint is a dark paint, and 2) the shutters get LOTS of sun.
If my assumptions are correct, it could get VERY expensive to repair and/or replace them whenever you do so. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do either. I'm suggesting that you consider a high-quality vinyl that will take the weather 'abuse' that I'm assuming.
My home faces due South. The vinyl siding is white and the vinyl shutters are black. Both are of a high quality. There's no maintenance and they should last for a long, LONG time.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
home depot deck program
oak, beach, and chestnut barn wood, Who buys it ??
removing vinyl siding
Iron-on wood veneer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!