Wood shutters need repair
It's tough to say from here if they can be repaired.
Once the wood 'bows out', you have to wonder how you're going to get it 'straight' again. I have the feeling that 1) the paint is a dark paint, and 2) the shutters get LOTS of sun.
If my assumptions are correct, it could get VERY expensive to repair and/or replace them whenever you do so. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do either. I'm suggesting that you consider a high-quality vinyl that will take the weather 'abuse' that I'm assuming.
My home faces due South. The vinyl siding is white and the vinyl shutters are black. Both are of a high quality. There's no maintenance and they should last for a long, LONG time.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
home depot deck program
oak, beach, and chestnut barn wood, Who buys it ??
removing vinyl siding
Iron-on wood veneer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs