I am evaluating purchasing a Modular Home which turns out it doesn't have a foundation, thus the loan funding options are limited - plus I live in earthquake territory. This seems to be the only drawback with this house.
Any ideas of costs for retrofitting a foundation for a 1200 sq ft Modular home would be helpful.
Quotes for contractor's in the Southern California region would also be appreciated.!
Need to evaluate options fast..
it is fairly easy to put in a permanent foundation (you actually already have a foundation - the support jacks). In your case, you just need to move the house, build the foundation and move the house back onto the foundation. You could use a reinforced block foundation. contact your city/county building dept about minimum foundation requirements. The biggest problem will be earthquake connections between the house and the foundation. you will need to contact the home manuf about those details. You are looking in the range of 10 to 20K in cost.
Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
Insulating and Framing Basement Wall Beside Stairs
odor from crawl space
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets