I am evaluating purchasing a Modular Home which turns out it doesn't have a foundation, thus the loan funding options are limited - plus I live in earthquake territory. This seems to be the only drawback with this house.
Any ideas of costs for retrofitting a foundation for a 1200 sq ft Modular home would be helpful.
Quotes for contractor's in the Southern California region would also be appreciated.!
Need to evaluate options fast..
it is fairly easy to put in a permanent foundation (you actually already have a foundation - the support jacks). In your case, you just need to move the house, build the foundation and move the house back onto the foundation. You could use a reinforced block foundation. contact your city/county building dept about minimum foundation requirements. The biggest problem will be earthquake connections between the house and the foundation. you will need to contact the home manuf about those details. You are looking in the range of 10 to 20K in cost.
Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
Insulating and Framing Basement Wall Beside Stairs
odor from crawl space
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes