I am evaluating purchasing a Modular Home which turns out it doesn't have a foundation, thus the loan funding options are limited - plus I live in earthquake territory. This seems to be the only drawback with this house.
Any ideas of costs for retrofitting a foundation for a 1200 sq ft Modular home would be helpful.
Quotes for contractor's in the Southern California region would also be appreciated.!
Need to evaluate options fast..
it is fairly easy to put in a permanent foundation (you actually already have a foundation - the support jacks). In your case, you just need to move the house, build the foundation and move the house back onto the foundation. You could use a reinforced block foundation. contact your city/county building dept about minimum foundation requirements. The biggest problem will be earthquake connections between the house and the foundation. you will need to contact the home manuf about those details. You are looking in the range of 10 to 20K in cost.
Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
Insulating and Framing Basement Wall Beside Stairs
odor from crawl space
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY