I am evaluating purchasing a Modular Home which turns out it doesn't have a foundation, thus the loan funding options are limited - plus I live in earthquake territory. This seems to be the only drawback with this house.
Any ideas of costs for retrofitting a foundation for a 1200 sq ft Modular home would be helpful.
Quotes for contractor's in the Southern California region would also be appreciated.!
Need to evaluate options fast..
it is fairly easy to put in a permanent foundation (you actually already have a foundation - the support jacks). In your case, you just need to move the house, build the foundation and move the house back onto the foundation. You could use a reinforced block foundation. contact your city/county building dept about minimum foundation requirements. The biggest problem will be earthquake connections between the house and the foundation. you will need to contact the home manuf about those details. You are looking in the range of 10 to 20K in cost.
Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
Insulating and Framing Basement Wall Beside Stairs
odor from crawl space
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs