I am evaluating purchasing a Modular Home which turns out it doesn't have a foundation, thus the loan funding options are limited - plus I live in earthquake territory. This seems to be the only drawback with this house.
Any ideas of costs for retrofitting a foundation for a 1200 sq ft Modular home would be helpful.
Quotes for contractor's in the Southern California region would also be appreciated.!
Need to evaluate options fast..
it is fairly easy to put in a permanent foundation (you actually already have a foundation - the support jacks). In your case, you just need to move the house, build the foundation and move the house back onto the foundation. You could use a reinforced block foundation. contact your city/county building dept about minimum foundation requirements. The biggest problem will be earthquake connections between the house and the foundation. you will need to contact the home manuf about those details. You are looking in the range of 10 to 20K in cost.
Turning A Crawl Space Into A Full Basement
Insulating and Framing Basement Wall Beside Stairs
odor from crawl space
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda