There is a piece of PVC pipe inserted through the block foundation. The main water line (black tubing, not metal pipe)is threaded through the inside of the PVC.
I do not know how far the PVC extends from the house into the yard. I assume the PVC was used so that the hole in the block could be sealed.
Problem is that water is now coming through the PVC into the basement. I checked the black tubing used for the main water line and it is not the poly blue that springs leaks (house built in '98). I have also had the county check my line for leaks.
Maryland has had 2 back-to-back "wet" years.I am guessing that the water table is so high that when we get a good rain, it is simply finding it's way in because a hold has opened up somewhere.
Question is...does anyone have any advice?
It would seem the first thing to do would be to dig down, find the line and inspect it. Of course the line runs under my front porch so I'd either have to dig on my stomach or take off the boards on my porch in order to stand up to dig...Arggg!
The pvc pipe is used as a conduit. Sometimes a gap is left to allow for movement of the house, though there is usually a flexible joint at each side of the conduit. I would find a gun applied good sealant (which will set under damp conditions) and use that, especially if the line has flexible joints.
Hey Bob, the joint under the blue tab is slowly leaking. You can see a small droplet of water at the bottom left of the picture. Any suggestion how to fix it?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps