There are 2 pictures, both are of the wall at a home I am under contract to purchase. The builder is Beazer homes and it is in Columbus OH.
I am afraid of the home now, should I be? I have not talked to them about this yet but am not sure where to go with it.
The cracks display no apparent displacement, but the concern is that they have occurred right under a major support beam. You should bring this to the attention of Beazer and discuss it with their engineer (not their sales staff). You can, and perhaps should, hire your own inspector or engineer to evaluate the situation on your behalf. The city inspection department might also be of assistance to you in the matter. If the cracks are a structural concern, they can enforce a proper repair.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love