There are 2 pictures, both are of the wall at a home I am under contract to purchase. The builder is Beazer homes and it is in Columbus OH.
I am afraid of the home now, should I be? I have not talked to them about this yet but am not sure where to go with it.
The cracks display no apparent displacement, but the concern is that they have occurred right under a major support beam. You should bring this to the attention of Beazer and discuss it with their engineer (not their sales staff). You can, and perhaps should, hire your own inspector or engineer to evaluate the situation on your behalf. The city inspection department might also be of assistance to you in the matter. If the cracks are a structural concern, they can enforce a proper repair.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING