There are 2 pictures, both are of the wall at a home I am under contract to purchase. The builder is Beazer homes and it is in Columbus OH.
I am afraid of the home now, should I be? I have not talked to them about this yet but am not sure where to go with it.
The cracks display no apparent displacement, but the concern is that they have occurred right under a major support beam. You should bring this to the attention of Beazer and discuss it with their engineer (not their sales staff). You can, and perhaps should, hire your own inspector or engineer to evaluate the situation on your behalf. The city inspection department might also be of assistance to you in the matter. If the cracks are a structural concern, they can enforce a proper repair.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips