I am not a big DYI but do the necessary things around the house. Sofar my sub $50 drill has been ok, but lacks the power to f.e. drill holes in the brick facade that is on the front of my house. I am starting to look around for a bit more powerfull drill and since I do have to drill the occassional hole in brick I figured a hammer drill would be my best bet. I don't care too much about it being cordless and am looking at the following ones that seem to be in the same price range ($130-140):
Any recommendations for these (or others)? In general are these overkill for my needs and is there a good site for reviews.
I can also get a reconditioned (with 1yr factory warranty) Bosch 1199VSRK for around $120. Would that make a good choice?
Thanks for any info,
My old B&D "Industrial" HD finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse and I purchased one of the Bosh units for $140 new on ****** w\ free shipping. I read a couple of reviews that said the owners had trouble with it so I gave it a test right out of the box. I put in one of their "Blue Granite" 3/4" bits and proceeded to drill through 13" of pink granite. This is far harder than any concrete you will ever encounter. It took about 30 minutes with me applying all of the force that my 200 lb frame could muster. It almost wore me out but the drill performed without a hitch. The gearbox was pretty toasty but I could detect no overheating from the motor. In normal use this unit should serve you quite well.
Crown on kitchen cabinets.
Upflow Gas Fired Furnace "Fan Assisted"
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!