I am not a big DYI but do the necessary things around the house. Sofar my sub $50 drill has been ok, but lacks the power to f.e. drill holes in the brick facade that is on the front of my house. I am starting to look around for a bit more powerfull drill and since I do have to drill the occassional hole in brick I figured a hammer drill would be my best bet. I don't care too much about it being cordless and am looking at the following ones that seem to be in the same price range ($130-140):
Any recommendations for these (or others)? In general are these overkill for my needs and is there a good site for reviews.
I can also get a reconditioned (with 1yr factory warranty) Bosch 1199VSRK for around $120. Would that make a good choice?
Thanks for any info,
My old B&D "Industrial" HD finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse and I purchased one of the Bosh units for $140 new on ****** w\ free shipping. I read a couple of reviews that said the owners had trouble with it so I gave it a test right out of the box. I put in one of their "Blue Granite" 3/4" bits and proceeded to drill through 13" of pink granite. This is far harder than any concrete you will ever encounter. It took about 30 minutes with me applying all of the force that my 200 lb frame could muster. It almost wore me out but the drill performed without a hitch. The gearbox was pretty toasty but I could detect no overheating from the motor. In normal use this unit should serve you quite well.
Crown on kitchen cabinets.
Upflow Gas Fired Furnace "Fan Assisted"
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes