I am not a big DYI but do the necessary things around the house. Sofar my sub $50 drill has been ok, but lacks the power to f.e. drill holes in the brick facade that is on the front of my house. I am starting to look around for a bit more powerfull drill and since I do have to drill the occassional hole in brick I figured a hammer drill would be my best bet. I don't care too much about it being cordless and am looking at the following ones that seem to be in the same price range ($130-140):
Any recommendations for these (or others)? In general are these overkill for my needs and is there a good site for reviews.
I can also get a reconditioned (with 1yr factory warranty) Bosch 1199VSRK for around $120. Would that make a good choice?
Thanks for any info,
My old B&D "Industrial" HD finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse and I purchased one of the Bosh units for $140 new on ****** w\ free shipping. I read a couple of reviews that said the owners had trouble with it so I gave it a test right out of the box. I put in one of their "Blue Granite" 3/4" bits and proceeded to drill through 13" of pink granite. This is far harder than any concrete you will ever encounter. It took about 30 minutes with me applying all of the force that my 200 lb frame could muster. It almost wore me out but the drill performed without a hitch. The gearbox was pretty toasty but I could detect no overheating from the motor. In normal use this unit should serve you quite well.
Crown on kitchen cabinets.
Upflow Gas Fired Furnace "Fan Assisted"
and notice the sales pressure from many inside compa...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs