Removing Grafitti from Brick
sand blaster, driven by an air compressor.
If you go that way, be sure to get the
ceramic nozzle kind, with replaceable nozzles
You can sweep up the sand and use most of it
again and again.
The big drawback is that it's very messy,
and sand gets into everything. Today, I'd
look into water blasting.
The other thing to be careful of is potential
violent repercussions from the gang that
sprayed the grafitti. You might check with
your local police first. This may be a buy
versus rent decision if it looks like they'll
come back and spray again and again.
I recently removed years of paint and grime from my fireplace. I had great results with a product called JASCO SPEED-O-MATIC PAINT REMOVER.
1: I brushed a heavy coat over the painted area (with a paint brush) and let it sit for a few minutes. Don't let it dry.
2:Then using a wire brush, I lightly worked the remover over the painted area. Be sure to wear safety goggles and durable rubber gloves. This product is very curosive.
3: Using clean, warm water and a scrub brush, I worked the area, rewetting my scrub brush as often as possible.
4: I rinsed the area well and finished up with a product called HEAT SAFE BRICK AND MASONRY CLEANER. I sprayed this product on and rinsed. It works very well for cleaning up any streaks or runs.
Hope this helps!
LisaR (Everett WA)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps