Removing Grafitti from Brick
sand blaster, driven by an air compressor.
If you go that way, be sure to get the
ceramic nozzle kind, with replaceable nozzles
You can sweep up the sand and use most of it
again and again.
The big drawback is that it's very messy,
and sand gets into everything. Today, I'd
look into water blasting.
The other thing to be careful of is potential
violent repercussions from the gang that
sprayed the grafitti. You might check with
your local police first. This may be a buy
versus rent decision if it looks like they'll
come back and spray again and again.
I recently removed years of paint and grime from my fireplace. I had great results with a product called JASCO SPEED-O-MATIC PAINT REMOVER.
1: I brushed a heavy coat over the painted area (with a paint brush) and let it sit for a few minutes. Don't let it dry.
2:Then using a wire brush, I lightly worked the remover over the painted area. Be sure to wear safety goggles and durable rubber gloves. This product is very curosive.
3: Using clean, warm water and a scrub brush, I worked the area, rewetting my scrub brush as often as possible.
4: I rinsed the area well and finished up with a product called HEAT SAFE BRICK AND MASONRY CLEANER. I sprayed this product on and rinsed. It works very well for cleaning up any streaks or runs.
Hope this helps!
LisaR (Everett WA)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs