Removing Grafitti from Brick
sand blaster, driven by an air compressor.
If you go that way, be sure to get the
ceramic nozzle kind, with replaceable nozzles
You can sweep up the sand and use most of it
again and again.
The big drawback is that it's very messy,
and sand gets into everything. Today, I'd
look into water blasting.
The other thing to be careful of is potential
violent repercussions from the gang that
sprayed the grafitti. You might check with
your local police first. This may be a buy
versus rent decision if it looks like they'll
come back and spray again and again.
I recently removed years of paint and grime from my fireplace. I had great results with a product called JASCO SPEED-O-MATIC PAINT REMOVER.
1: I brushed a heavy coat over the painted area (with a paint brush) and let it sit for a few minutes. Don't let it dry.
2:Then using a wire brush, I lightly worked the remover over the painted area. Be sure to wear safety goggles and durable rubber gloves. This product is very curosive.
3: Using clean, warm water and a scrub brush, I worked the area, rewetting my scrub brush as often as possible.
4: I rinsed the area well and finished up with a product called HEAT SAFE BRICK AND MASONRY CLEANER. I sprayed this product on and rinsed. It works very well for cleaning up any streaks or runs.
Hope this helps!
LisaR (Everett WA)
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers