concrete foundation and cracking
I just noticed your message, because I was going to post an identical question regarding my new home in Manteca, CA. Our foundation is concrete slab and we, too, recently discovered cracks that run for quite a few feet through the center portion of the slab. The builder has already filled the cracks and assured us that this is a normal occurence.
My question to you is: Have you been able to independently verify if cracking is acceptable? What about your issues with tile floors and long term protection of your real estate investment? I sure would appreciate any insight you may have gained from your experience. If I come across any helpful information, I will post it to you. By the way, please feel free to email me directly ([email protected]). Thanks.
[This message has been edited by Chick (edited December 06, 1999).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!